Saturday, January 14, 2012

A letter to my daughter

Caroline,

I know that you can't really understand everything that has happened in the last 21 months that you've been brought into my life. You might have realized that I have looked different. My face some times is thinner but then grows larger, so does my 'stummy'. Mommy has had a lot of trouble with keeping on track. I tell myself that I can't do it anyways, so why try. I always forget my reasoning for starting to lose weight and be healthy in the first place when I get into that mindset. Do you want to know what my reasoning is?

The reason why I want to lose weight and be healthy is because of you. I want to fit on the slide at the park. I want to slide down it and hear you laugh. I want to chase after you when I look the other way for one second, and when I turn around there you are at the very top of the play set deciding whether to climb back down or to jump off and scare the crap out of me. I want to tell you yes when you see your pink trike and beg to go for a walk in it. I want to be able to carry you around when you refuse to walk or be in your stroller and not be out of breath after 5 minutes. I want to walk you to the bus stop on your first day of school, even if the bus stop is a mile away. I want to teach you how to run and strive for what you want in this world. I want to be there cheering you on if you choose to do a sport. I don't want you to be like me when I was little. I don't want you to think bad about yourself. I want your confidence to shine so bright that you aren't afraid to take chances. Most of all, I want to be your role model and I want you to be proud of me.

You are the most amazing thing that has happened to me. You make me want to be a better person and I just wanted you to know that you are my reason for being a better person. I love you and I'll always be here for you.

Love always,
Mom

6 comments:

  1. Emily, this was a heartfelt letter and I know your daughter can't even begin to understand the journey you will take for her... I do - and you are an amazing Mom. We'll be here for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Caroline is lucky to have such a loving and dedicated mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy to have been blessed to meet you. I'm excited for you, and am thankful to be able to witness your amazing and victorious jouney. Your time is now. Thank you for allowing me to come along with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is so awesome and your little girl is so lucky to have you. i'm in the same boat as you. two little boys to keep up with is motivation enough to get into shape. if you ever want someone to work out with, walk with, run with, whatever. hit me up! i'm on fort bragg and a workout partner always helps things along. if you want to know more about me my blog is www.thetransientpod.net or shoot me an email!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't read this without crying. You're an amazing mother and you will succeed. You are such an inspiration to so many people.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't read this without tearing up. You're such an amazing mother, Emily! And such an inspiration to everyone!

    ReplyDelete